The National Islamic Funeral Committee
What we do at NIFC?
At NIFC we organise funerals on behalf of our members using nationally recognised funeral directors. When the unthinkable happens, we’ll be with you every step of the way and help alleviate stress.
In the last 10 years the average funeral cost in the UK has risen from £2,733 to £4,417 in 2019, that is an increase of about 60%.
With the funeral cost increasing in the UK, bereaved families can often struggle to cover all the expenses at once.
Reduce stress for the bereaving family and help them avoid financial strain.
How it works?
- Members contribute a monthly sum, depending on their age group*.
- Members will never pay more than the national average cost of a funeral.
- When required, NIFC will organise the funeral on your behalf and cover the full cost.
- The funeral will be organised with a recognised national funeral director.
- We do not charge you any fees for using NIFC services.
*We use electronic payment methods only to ensures transparency and traceability.
Why Join Us?
- To remove the stress of organising a funeral at a time of great difficulty.
- To avoid paying a large sum of money in one instalment.
- To have the funeral organised by well know funeral directors.
- To have a National family stand with you in your time of need.
- To pay only for the funeral. NIFC does not charge any fees for providing this service.
NIFC can help you start planning for a funeral
NIFC will cushion you against sudden financial hardship. We can help you financially prepare for the loss of a loved one. You will pay a set amount of money over a period of time, until the total payable amount has been achieved. At this stage, no further instalments will be taken.
NIFC will help eliminate stress for the grieving family. When the time comes, we will organise the funeral on your behalf with a nationally recognised funeral director. At this stage you will not have to pay anything. All funeral costs will be fully covered using the money you have already paid.
Payment can be made in monthly instalments or up-front in full, the total amount you pay remains the same.
Monthly payments start at £12.50, that’s about £3.00 a week.
For monthly payments, your age group determines how much you pay each month.
|Age||Monthly Instalment||Annual Cost||Total Cost||Instalment Duration|
|18 – 40 Yrs.||£12.50||£150.00||£4,500.00||Until paid in full (~30 Yrs.)|
|40 – 60 Yrs.||£19.00||£228.00||£4,500.00||Until paid in full |
|60+ Yrs.||£37.00||£444.00||£4,500.00||Until paid in full|
We, at NIFC will liaise with the funeral directors to ensure everything is organised smoothly. Giving the grieving family the time to focus on Allah (swt) and asking for Magfarat for the deceased.